About Master of Science in Mechatronics Engineering
The set of skills that MECT students will acquire are the following:
- Mastering existing mechatronics technologies and shall be able to improve, upgrade or even renovate them, to achieve host industry objectives.
- Acquiring the essential skills needed for embedded systems programming.
- Capable of designing, building, and dealing with advanced robotics systems either stationary or mobile robots.
- Ability to analyze/troubleshoot multi-disciplinary mechatronics system performance and analyze situations and problems as they learned them in small and final projects.
- Ability to take responsibility for a project in industrial manufacturing, research, and development.
- Ability to pursue a Ph.D. degree and adapt easily to working in new countries/new cultures/new disciplines and integrate multinational work teams (industry or universities) with the advantage of language skills and cultural knowledge gained during the master’s program.
- Understanding the principal operations of the mechatronics subsystems in a complex system.
- Recognizing potential or impending malfunctions and contacting expert assistance to keep the production line functioning and prevent production loss.
- Perform routine, preventative maintenance, localize and identify causes and sources of malfunctions possible.
- Understanding and implementing safety regulations required for the operation of the system.
N.B: Students can apply for the EU4M Program - Joint master’s degree to obtain a dual degree with one of the three EU member universities (NU/HSKA – NU/UNIOVI – NU/ENSMM), by spending one year at Nile University and the second year at one of the three EU partner institutions.